The Pre First-year Academic and Career Engagement (PREFACE) Program is designed to support students through the academic, social, and personal transitions from high school to college, and empower their persistence to graduation through on-going resources, programs, and opportunities.
The PREFACE Program prides itself on providing students early and continuous support throughout their undergraduate experience at Ohio State. There are many advantages for selected participants in the PREFACE program.
Academic and personal consultations to help navigate their undergraduate education and post graduate endeavors
Intentional activities that will increase academic performance and persistence
- Institutional practices that cultivate students’ STEM sense-of-belonging and engineering identity
- Exposure to interdisciplinary engineering studies and career professions
- Peers, staff, faculty, alumni and industry professionals eager to assist in students’ success
Our Summer Bridge Academy provides opportunities to meet other incoming engineering students, form networks with faculty and staff, and exposure to project-based learning experiences and opportunity to tour engineering facilities and engage with industry sponsors and professionals.
Summer Bridge Academy Highlights:
- Pre-scheduling for Autumn semester class schedule for engineering core-courses
- Enrollment in ENGR 1196: PREFACE Seminar (Spring Semester)
- Academic Performance and Persistence Resource
- Access to Living-Learning Community for Engineers, Architects, and Planners (LEAP).
If you have any questions, please email Ronald Parker, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PREFACE program is open to all incoming College of Engineering students.