Welding Engineering, BSWE
Program Educational Objectives
The degree program in Welding Engineering seeks to produce graduates who make meaningful positive contributions to our technological society. Within a few years of graduation, we expect our alumni to:
- attain a technical, scientific or business position in industry, government or academia and/or attain or be successfully moving towards attaining post-graduate or professional degrees.
- establish themselves as a positive contributor to their employing organizations through their scientific and technical contribution and
- contribute to a wider, professional community by engaging with professional organizations, participating in technical societies and/or undertaking technical service roles.
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies.