Funding

chemical engineering graduate student works in the lab

At The Ohio State University College of Engineering, we understand the importance of being informed about financial support opportunities when making a decision on where to pursue a graduate degree. Here at Ohio State, an offer of full funding will include:

  • Monthly stipend – minimum monthly graduate stipend at Ohio State is $2,364 ($28,368 for a 12-month appointment). Monthly stipend amounts vary by program. Please check with your program to learn about their stipend amounts.
  • Tuition and fees – totaling nearly $22,00 per year (resident rate).

Fees not covered include the student activity fee, recreational fee and COTA fee, which total $250 per semester. The student legal services fee ($40 per year) is not covered and can be waived. More information on tuition and fees can be found on our University Registrar site.

  • Coverage of 85% of your student health insurance – students are responsible for paying the remaining 15% of the student health insurance from their monthly stipend. More information, including rates, can be found on the Student Health Insurance site.
  • Total funding adds up to nearly $95K for a two-year master’s degree and $245K for a five-year doctoral degree. See how far your stipend will go in Columbus, Ohio by using an online cost of living tool.

To be considered for funding, you must select all the funding options for which you want to be considered on your application and our admissions committees will consider you for all those options. Graduate students can be funded by one of four methods or some combination:

  • Fellowship
  • Graduate Research Associate (GRA)
  • Graduate Teaching Associate (GTA)
  • Graduate Administrative Associate (GAA)

Funding offers will come directly from your program. Not all admitted students are guaranteed a funding offer (varies by program). Please contact your admitted program with questions.