Chemical Engineering, BSChE
Program Educational Objectives
The chemical engineering program educational objectives are to educate graduates who will be ethical, productive and contributing members of society. As they progress professionally after graduation our alumni will:
- Use their engineering foundation to be successful in a breadth of careers and occupations.
- Use lifelong learning skills to
- take advantage of professional development opportunities in their disciplines.
- acquire and integrate new knowledge, skills and areas of expertise.
- pursue new careers and adapt to changing global markets and workforce trends.
- Engage in professional service and volunteerism by
- using their engineering background to benefit society.
- developing new knowledge and products that promote sustainable development.
- promoting engineering as a rewarding career and source of societal good.
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.