When you enroll in the College of Engineering at Ohio State, you’re choosing engineering at its finest.
We offer 14 majors in 11 departments with state-of-the-art facilities, a diverse faculty of more than 350 eminent scholars and researchers, and an exciting and vibrant campus. We have nearly 9,000 undergraduate students enrolled in our college, which is ranked as the #1 engineering program in Ohio and 15th among public engineering programs in the United States. Although Ohio State is a large institution with many areas of study, some of our engineering majors have fewer than 20 graduates per year.
How to apply: undergrad.osu.edu/apply/freshmen-columbus
*High school seniors applying to the Columbus campus are encouraged to submit their complete admission application by the November 15th priority deadline. Capacity within Engineering fills quickly.
**Please note, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions reviews all applications for admissions to the College of Engineering at Ohio State.
Students who do not indicate their interest in an engineering pre-major on their Ohio State application may not be able to switch into the College of Engineering for their first term, regardless of their academic profile.
Enrollment in the College of Engineering enables access to:
- a nationally recognized first-year hands-on engineering course sequence
- an outstanding optional co-op and internship program, which has been recognized by the Cooperative Education and Internship Association as a leader in best practices
- engineering academic advisors who offer counseling on classes, scheduling, and career paths
- programs like the Women in Engineering Program, Minority in Engineering Program, Engineering Living Learning Communities (and more!), which help students excel inside and outside of the classroom
- student projects to enhance your engineering coursework