Undergraduate Research Forum for Engineering and Architecture
The College of Engineering, Knowlton School of Architecture and Tau Beta Pi will be partnering to hold the 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum for Engineering and Architecture students.
Following the measures taken by the university to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Undergraduate Research Forum on April 2, 2020 was cancelled.
In place of the physical event, however, virtual presentations, including videos, voiced-over PowerPoint slides or poster presentations, were accepted to be judged and receive awards.
Winners of the 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum for Engineering and Architecture:
- 1st: Andrew Palo (ECE) - Kalman Filter for Noise Reduction in Aerial Vehicles using Echoic Flow
- 2nd: Emily McDonel (FABE) - Development of Hemoglobin-Based Oxygen Carriers (HBOCs) Through the Process of Co-Precipitation of Nanoparticles
- 3rd: Marisa Lovell (ME) - Coupler System Design for Surgical Navigation in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Honorable Mentions:
- Christopher Eubel (ME) - Autonomy in Additive Manufacturing of Acoustic Metamaterials
- Allison Whitney (MSE) - Development of Textured Antireflective Coatings for Optical Path Length Enhancement in Solar Cells
- Mikala Malkus (AAE) - An Application of Modal Decomposition to Supersonic Flow Over a Wall-Mounted Turret