The Honors Contract is designed to recognize undergraduate students who complete a rigorous, well-rounded portfolio of experiences, both inside and outside the classroom, in order to enhance their Bachelor of Science degree in their desired field of Engineering. Examples of experiences include honors level academic coursework, co-ops/internships, minors, volunteer service, student organization leadership, and research presentations. The goals of the Honors Contract are:
- to support and challenge students by providing access to more advanced levels of study,
- to enable personal creativity,
- to cultivate a sustaining interest in advanced education and research,
- to enhance professional development, and
- to provide opportunities for students to gain recognition at the time of graduation for advanced, distinguished work as an undergraduate via the designation of “With Honors In Engineering” on the diploma and transcript.
Students will work with an Honors Academic Advisor to plan out their Honors Contract based on their personal goals and interests.
If you are a current student, please visit advising.engineering.osu.edu for information about your Honors program requirements.