Many students enhance their academic career by becoming involved in student organizations or project teams in engineering or architecture. The number of student organizations for the College of Engineering alone is over 100, with 51 major related student organizations. This includes 14 honorary, 30 project teams, 21 diversity-related student organizations, 12 graduate and 65 professional student organizations.
Find a student organization:
College of Engineering student organizations:
The College of Engineering supports student organizations to encourage expanded extracurricular and academic experiences for students. To be recognized by the college the student organization must meet the following criteria:
- The purpose of the student organization must be engineering related.
- Have at least one advisor or co-advisor that is faculty or staff in the College of Engineering (for this purpose included are: Food, Agriculture & Biological Engineering, Department of Physics and Knowlton School of Architecture).
- Be recognized by The Ohio State University as a student organization by completing the requirements set forth by the Office of Student Life, including the annual officer training.
Established and new student organizations:
- Register your organizations with Engineers’ Council
- Resources for Student Organizations
- Student Organization Awards Nomination
- Student Organization Awards: Each spring, the College of Engineering recognizes outstanding student organizations at the Annual Student Organization Awards event. Read past highlights: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015.
Questions? Contact Winnie Sampson at firstname.lastname@example.org.