- Future Students (Undergrad)
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Professional Programs
- Online Programs
- Career Services
- International Programs
- The Ohio State University Airport
Engineering Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen
Apply to The Ohio State University by November 1
|February 1||Submit the Special Scholarship Application by February 1|
|February 1||Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 (strongly encouaged for consideration for grant funds and need-based aid)|
|Mid-March||Check BuckeyeLink to view your complete financial aid package, including any scholarship offers, mid-March|
Apply annually for additional scholarship opportunities as a continuing student each year
Engineering Specialty Recruitment Awards
Engineering Dean’s Scholarship
The number of awards will vary annually with this scholarship. This $1,000 award is selected on the basis of academic merit or financial need (as determined by the FAFSA).
For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) Award
Students that self-identify as participants on any FIRST team through the Special Scholarship Application are reviewed for this competitive, merit-based $1,000 award. Up to 20 awards issued annually.
Honda - Ohio State Scholarship
If you received a Honda STEM award during your senior year in high school, you can receive consideration for the $3,000 renewable Honda Scholarship, which is awarded to eligible STEM award recipients ranked in the top 10% of their high school class, with a minimum 26 ACT or 1180 SAT score, and at least a 3.2 cumulative grade point average. Up to 30 scholarships awarded to either Pre-Engineer, Business, or Arts and Sciences STEM majors (click here for a list of eligible majors). To apply, complete the Special Scholarship Application and FAFSA.
Choose Ohio First Scholarship: Engineering and Science Innovators (ESI)
A $5,200 renewable scholarship awarded to incoming Ohio residents pursing one of five engineering majors: Biomedical; Chemical; Environmental; Materials Science; or Mechanical Engineering. Students must complete the Special Scholarship Application and FAFSA for consideration. Approximately 20 awards annually.
Engineering Departmental Recruitment Awards
Most engineering departments provide scholarships to new freshman! Completing both the Special Scholarship Application and FAFSA puts you into consideration for both merit and need-based scholarship opportunities offered based on your declared engineering major. Amounts and terms will vary and additional eligibililty may be used in selection.
- Special Scholarship Application and FAFSA are open by October 1 every year.
- Although you can submit the scholarship application as soon as you have an Ohio State Username (details to activate your username at my.osu.edu are provided after you submit your admission application), the application is not first come, first served.
- A personal statement (300 word max) is required. It may be beneficial to compose in MS Word and copy and paste to your application. The essay should be well organized, concise, and provide relevant information not already included on your application or provide further explanation of information elsewhere on the application.
- Think about how you can make your application unique. Most applicants will highlight why they started to pursue an career in engineering (love of LEGOs® from a young age, engineers within their family that have inspired them, their performance in and enjoyment of challenging math and science classes, etc.), however, students with outstanding applications should also provide detailed and specific examples from recent experiences that show their preparation to be successful in the College of Engineering at The Ohio State.
- Ensure that you certify your application for consideration. Upon successful certification and submission of the application, you can expect to receive an email confirmation. Extensions of the application deadline are not available.
College of Engineering Scholarships Office
For additional information about engineering scholarships, contact the College of Engineering Scholarships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-688-8074.