- Future Students (Undergrad)
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Professional Programs
- Online Programs
- Career Services
- International Programs
- The Ohio State University Airport
- Biomedical and Materials Engineering Complex
Engineering Scholarships for Continuing Students
Continuing students are able to apply for scholarship opportunities offered through the College of Engineering every year of enrollment. For the 2017–2018 academic year, the College of Engineering and individual engineering departments awarded over 2,600 engineering scholarships worth approximately $4 million to our undergraduate students.
2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR UPDATE
The 2019-2020 Special Scholarships Application is now closed. Students who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified via the ‘Award Summary’ tab on buckeyelink.osu.edu.
The Special Scholarships Application for the 2020-2021 academic year will be available in August 2019.
Submit the Special Scholarship Application by February 1
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 (strongly encouraged for consideration for grant funds and need-based aid)
Check BuckeyeLink to view your financial aid package*
Apply for scholarship consideration each year
*All College of Engineering scholarships may not be reflected by this timeframe; the scholarship review process will continue through early-August
Current Student Opportunities
Through the Special Scholarship Application, students can apply for all College of Engineering and departmental scholarships based on academic performance, special interest, professionalism or leadership.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Funds are available for students who participate in study abroad or international service-learning programs. Students who are participating in engineering-sponsored programs are automatically considered for need-based funding up to $1,500.
Occasionally, external scholarships are sent to our office for review. External scholarships are available through companies, individuals, or organizations outside of The Ohio State University. After a thorough evaluation, an email notification with scholarship details will be sent to eligible students. With any external opportunity, we caution student to conduct their own research to avoid scams.
Terms of Scholarship awards
Scholarships can be one-time only or renewable. Terms of renewal will be included in your scholarship notification email from the College of Engineering Scholarship Office. Completing the Special Scholarship Application annually expedites renewal processing.
Disbursement of your scholarship is only contingent upon enrollment in the College of Engineering, unless otherwise stated in your scholarship notification email from the College of Engineering Scholarship Office.
Most scholarship opportunities are made possible by the generosity and support of donors. The College of Engineering’s Office of Advancement may require you to participate in an event or submit information as a recipient of a donor-funded scholarship. Any activities are mandatory and lack of participation could affect your consideration for future scholarship support.
- Special Scholarship Application and FAFSA are open by October 1 every year.
- Although you can submit the scholarship application as soon as you have an Ohio State Username (details to activate your username at my.osu.edu are provided after you submit your admission application), the application is not first come, first served.
- A personal statement (300 words max.) is required. It may be beneficial to compose in MS Word and copy and paste to your application. The essay should be well organized, concise, and provide relevant information not already included in your application or provide further explanation of information elsewhere on the application.
- Think about how you can make your application unique. Most applicants will highlight why they started to pursue a career in engineering (love of LEGOs® from a young age, engineers within their family that have inspired them, their performance in and enjoyment of challenging math and science classes, etc.), however, students with outstanding applications should also provide detailed and specific examples from recent experiences that show their preparation to be successful in the College of Engineering at The Ohio State.
- Ensure that you certify your application for consideration. Upon successful certification and submission of the application, you can expect to receive an email confirmation. Extensions of the application deadline are not available.
College of Engineering Scholarships Office
For additional information about engineering scholarships, contact the College of Engineering Scholarships Office at email@example.com or (614) 688-8074.