The university is under a state of emergency, effective Sunday, March 22. Campuses remain open, but with restrictions and limitations already announced. MORE INFO
Research opens the door to creation, exploration, discovery, and the testing of ideas. At Ohio State, your experience as a faculty member, student or researcher extends far beyond the College of Engineering and Knowlton School of Architecture because of the strong collaborations that exist among the other colleges across campus. Here, engineers work with doctors, physicists, designers, artists and experts in many other fields.
Ohio State is fourth nationally among public universities in industry-sponsored research. Industry R&D expenditures for the College of Engineering in fiscal year 2018 totaled nearly $52 million.
From medicine and materials to mobility and manufacturing, our faculty and student researchers are working to solve some of society's most pressing challenges in these four focus areas.
- Device heals organs with a single touch
- Research aims to save wounded soldiers' lives
- Leading the way with smart paint
- The start of something smart
- Introducing drones to infrastructure
- A fossil fuel technology that doesn't pollute
- New program teaches advanced manufacturing and innovation skills
- Research will advance electronic materials, additive manufacturing