Research opens the door to creation, exploration, discovery and the testing of ideas. From medicine and materials to mobility and manufacturing, our faculty and student researchers are working to solve some of society's most pressing challenges in these four focus areas.
Research in Ohio State's College of Engineering starts with opportunities for undergraduates, expands through our graduate programs, and excels as we form strong collaborations with other colleges across the university as well as leading companies in engineering fields in Ohio and across the nation.
The College of Engineering ranks third in the country for industry research and development expenditures, according to the National Science Foundation. Industry R&D expenditures for the College of Engineering in fiscal year 2019 totaled over $49 million.
Taking advantage of the college's current and historical strengths, we are positioned not only to provide unique experiences for our students but also to find solutions for major challenges facing today's society.
College and University Research Resources
Dorota A. Grejner-Brzezinska, College of Engineering Associate Dean for Research, 614-292-3455; email@example.com
- About Research at Ohio State
- Corporate Engagement Office
- helps advance the university’s research by translating Ohio State innovations into business opportunities in the global marketplace through licensing and startups
- Ohio State Research News
- Undergraduate Research Office: Helps students pursue research opportunities independently, as part of a team, in collaboration with faculty, here at the university or elsewhere. The URO staff also serves as a resource for advisors, technical staff, postdoctoral fellows, faculty and others who are part of the rich research environment at Ohio State.
- Undergraduate Research in the College of Engineering: Students have the opportunity to follow their own investigational instincts through undergraduate research. Learn about the research programs, scholarship opportunities and events.
- Denman Undergraduate Research Forum: An opportunity to showcase outstanding student research and encourage all undergraduates to participate in research as a value-added element of their education.
- University Research Festivals: Held in autumn and spring semesters, these university events showcase outstanding student research, scholarship and creative activity, and encourages undergraduates to participate in these activities to enrich their undergraduate education.
- Hayes Graduate Research Forum: Co-sponsored by the Council of Graduate Students, the Graduate School, and the Office of Research to recognize, encourage and facilitate graduate student research at the university.
- Research Online: Web-based tools, software and downloadable forms needed to support your research