The College of Engineering is proud of our commitment to recruit and retain outstanding and diverse faculty. In the past five years, the college has hired a record number of new faculty, including unprecedented numbers of women and underrepresented minority educators and researchers.
Some of our points of pride include:
- The Engineering Faculty Mentoring Program, a yearlong series of workshops, seminars and networking opportunities to help junior faculty develop their academic community. The Faculty Mentoring Program, which aids faculty in setting up an internal and external team of mentors to guide their thinking on their careers.
Our support of The STEAM Factory, The Center of Automotive Research (CAR) and Nanotech West Lab, provides resources to help expand your research network and facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A cooperative relationship for technology commercialization through the Corporate Engagement Office combined with a focus on women entrepreneurs through REACH for Commercialization in Ohio State Advance.
- The Better Mentoring= Better Science program. By participating in this workshop faculty will receive resources and materials to support effective mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students as well as postdoctoral trainees.
- Inclusive Excellence resources for faculty and staff. This includes resources to help increase leadership skills, support inclusive teaching and hiring, build professional networks and mutual respect.
- Institutional memberships:
- Our strong and longstanding alliances with Honda of America and other industry partners.
- An emphasis on diversity that extends beyond recruiting with a commitment to support affinity groups for women and underrepresented groups and a stated goal to continually evolve the culture and climate of the college to ensure inclusive excellence and integrated communities of faculty, students and staff.
- Visit the website of the Office of Academic Affairs for faculty development.