Driving Change: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Emphasis in Corporate Research
Thu, Mar 4 2021, 1:30 - 2:30pm
The Ohio State University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion and the Office of Corporate Relations host the fourth webinar in their corporate-focused webinar series, Driving Change.
Hosted by Dr. James L. Moore III, Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer at The Ohio State University, the Driving Change series showcases Ohio State’s leadership in delivering foundational and systemic change in Diversity and Inclusion and provides corporations with access and opportunities to engage with Ohio State in Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, core issues, and sustainable solutions.
In “Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Emphasis in the area of Corporate Research”, the following topics will be discussed:
- What are best practices in creating, implementing, and sustaining initiatives that foster DEI in research labs and workspaces, and throughout the research community?
- How do we address and prioritize DEI throughout the research process?
- What are the vision and goals for DEI, corporate impact on research, and potential next steps?
- How is corporate investment making an impact?
- What are examples of challenges and successes?
Ayanna Howard, PhD
Dean of the College of Engineering, The Ohio State University
Grace Wang, PhD
Executive Vice President for Research, Innovation and Knowledge Enterprise, The Ohio State University
Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility and the Office of Inclusion and Diversity, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.