Recruiting Engineers Day 2013
Recruiting Engineers Day is a graduate preview program at The Ohio State University’s Columbus campus. This is a full day event (8am-3:30pm) and provides an opportunity to learn about what OSU College of Engineering has to offer you as a graduate student. During the event, participants will have the opportunity to learn about research opportunities in our College, resources available to our graduate students, and get to know our faculty and graduate students. All undergraduate students majoring in engineering, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, or physics with a minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale), who are entering their junior or senior year in autumn 2013 and are seriously considering graduate study are invited to apply to attend. We encourage applications from students who are African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino American, and American Indian/Alaskan Native.
- Learn about the College of Engineering (CoE) graduate programs of study
- Attend workshops on applying to graduate school with tips on writing a great personal statement, career services support provided to our students, summer research opportunities at OSU, and funding opportunities at OSU and externally
- Interact with current and prospective graduate students, faculty, and staff in the CoE
- Benefit from poster presentations of graduate student research
- Participate in tours of the OSU campus, research labs, and departmental facilities
Participation and attendance is by selection only. All undergraduate students majoring in engineering, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, or physics with a minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) who are entering their junior or senior year in autumn 2013 and are seriously considering graduate study are invited to apply.
How to Apply
All students interested in attending must apply and upload the following documentation to the registration site by Wednesday October 2, 2013. Click here to Apply
- Transcript (Unofficial copy from all colleges/universities attended. To be submitted as one document).
- Letter of recommendation from faculty member at the student’s institution.
- Short statement of research interest and why you want to pursue a graduate degree at The Ohio State University (250 words or less).
- Resume/CV (Listing any prior or on-going research experience(s). However, prior research experience is not required).
If you don't have all of your documentation complete yet go ahead and apply now and simply submit your completed documents by email later to Engemail@example.com. Please have your recommendation sent directly to this address too.
Travel stipends are available to help reimburse the cost of expenses for students traveling to the Recruiting Engineers Day event. In order to spread travel funds among as many students as possible, partial stipends may be awarded while funds are available. Stipends will be awarded on a competitive basis. Stipends are not available for students from local Columbus area universities. To be considered for a travel stipend, you must apply, submit the above documentation and meet the eligibility requirements below. Students meeting this criteria and having provided the required documentation will automatically be considered for a travel stipend. Award decisions will be made as completed applications are received and selection decisions for participation are made. Awardees will be notified by email within 2 weeks of review of their completed application. Awards will be dispersed at the conclusion of the event.
Eligibility requirements for travel stipend:
- GPA equal to or greater than 3.5/4.0.
- Student plans to start graduate school in Autumn 2014.
- Student must be a permanent resident or US citizen.
We have rooming blocks reserved at the following hotels. Please mention or use the indicated group code when reserving your room to receive the group rate. Please note the deadline to receive the group rate at each hotel.
- The Blackwell (614) 247-4000 (mention group code: Recruiting Engineers Day; deadline September 17, 2013)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites OSU (800) 701-4485 (mention group code: CENG; deadline September 24, 2013)
- **Hilton Garden Inn (614) 263-7200 (Group code: ENG2; deadline September 17, 2013)
- **Holiday Inn Express & Suites OSU (614) 447-1212 (Group code: RED; deadline September 16, 2013)
- Varsity Inn North (614) 267-4646 (mention group code: RED13; deadline September 6, 2013)
Additional hotels in the area where we do not have rooming blocks reserved:
**Crowne Plaza Downtown (614) 461-4100 | **University Plaza Hotel (614) 267-7461 | **SpringHill Suites (614) 297-9912 | Varsity Inn South (614) 291-2983
** Hotels provide transportation to OSU campus facilities
About the College of Engineering
The Ohio State University College of Engineering and Knowlton School of Architecture graduate engineering program is ranked among the Top 20 public graduate engineering programs in the nation and we offer graduate degrees in 18 different disciplines. Engineering students can choose from academic programs in the following departments:
Center for Aviation Studies
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
Integrated Systems Engineering
Knowlton School of Architecture
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Questions? Email ENGfirstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Recruiting Engineers Day” in the subject line)