Engineering Scholarships for Continuing Students
Continuing students are able to apply for scholarship opportunities offered through the College of Engineering every year of enrollment. For the 2018–2019 academic year, the College of Engineering and individual engineering departments awarded over 2,600 engineering scholarships worth approximately $4 million to our undergraduate students.
Submit the College of Engineering Scholarship Application on ScholarshipUniverse by February 1
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1 (strongly encouraged for consideration for grant funds and need-based aid)
Check BuckeyeLink to view your financial aid package*
Apply for scholarship consideration each year
|*All College of Engineering scholarships may not be reflected by this timeframe; the scholarship review process will continue through early-August|
Current Student Opportunities
Through the College of Engineering Scholarship Application on ScholarshipUniverse, students can apply for all College of Engineering and major-specific scholarships based on academic performance, special interest, professionalism or leadership.
Some departments within the College of Engineering may offer opportunities for students that have declared that specific major. Students should check with their academic advisor to inquire about additional scholarship applications and applicable due dates.
Students that choose to follow their own investigational instincts through Undergraduate Research may be eligible to earn funding. Engineering Advising can provide additional details regarding research and scholarship options.
Both the College of Engineering Scholarship Application on ScholarshipUniverse and FAFSA must be on file for consideration of scholarships based on financial need.
Study Abroad Scholarships
Funds are available for students who participate in study abroad or international service-learning programs. Students who are participating in engineering-sponsored programs are automatically considered for need-based funding up to $1,500.
Occasionally, external scholarships are sent to our office for distribution. External scholarships are available through companies, individuals, or organizations outside of The Ohio State University. After a thorough evaluation, an email notification with scholarship details will be sent to eligible students. With any external opportunity, we caution student to conduct their own research to avoid scams. Luckily, ScholarshipUniverse has an extensive database of external scholarships that have been verified as a reliable source.
Terms of Scholarship awards
Scholarships can be one-time only or renewable. Terms of renewal will be included in your scholarship notification email from the College of Engineering Scholarship Office. Completing the College of Engineering Scholarship Application on ScholarshipUniverse annually expedites renewal processing.
Disbursement of your scholarship is only contingent upon enrollment in the College of Engineering, unless otherwise stated in your scholarship notification email from the College of Engineering Scholarship Office.
Most scholarship opportunities are made possible by the generosity and support of donors. The College of Engineering’s Office of Advancement may require you to participate in an event or submit information as a recipient of a donor-funded scholarship. Any activities are mandatory and lack of participation could affect your consideration for future scholarship support.
- The College of Engineering Scholarship Application on ScholarshipUniverse and FAFSA are open by October 1 every year.
- Although you can submit the scholarship application as soon as you have an Ohio State Username (details to activate your username at my.osu.edu are provided after you submit your admission application), the application is not first come, first served.
- A personal statement is required. It may be beneficial to compose in MS Word and copy and paste to your application. The essay should be well organized, concise, and provide relevant information not already included in your application or provide further explanation of information elsewhere on the application.
- Think about how you can make your application unique. Most applicants will highlight why they started to pursue a career in engineering (love of LEGOs® from a young age, engineers within their family that have inspired them, their performance in and enjoyment of challenging math and science classes, etc.), however, students with outstanding applications provide detailed and specific examples from recent experiences that show evidence of their ability to be successful in the College of Engineering at Ohio State.
- Extensions of the application deadline are not available.