Inclusive Excellence Certificate
The Ohio State University College of Engineering’s vision is to be the leader in discovery, innovation, and education in engineering and architecture among public land grant universities, recognizing that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential components of our excellence.
Diverse and inclusive environments where teaching and research occurs is essential to ensure that the knowledge created and the students produced are relevant and prepared to solve the challenging problems our changing global society. We aim to create and sustain an educational environment that intentionally values inclusive excellence and advances equity.
Recognizing that an active commitment and shared vision at all levels of the organization is required to impact the environment, we are introducing a new intiative for faculty, staff, and students: the Inclusive Excellence Certificate (IEC).
- Deliver skills and build competencies that will improve the effectiveness and innovation within our college, university and community
- Integrate diversity and inclusion principles and practices into the fabric of the college
- Recognize the exemplorary efforts of faculty, staff, and students advancing diversity and inclusive execellence
- Honored at the college’s Inclusive Excellence Recognition Ceremony
- Earn an Inclusive Excellence Certificate, which you can add to your resume, and highlight in your annual review
- Receive a lapel pin to distinguish your accomplishments
- Receive an E-badge for professional networking sites
How to Achieve the Inclusive Excellence Certificate
Faculty, staff, and students can earn the IEC by completing a total of six acitivities, such as workshops, diverse learning activies and community outreach. Two of the six activities must be diversity based, two community outreach and two cultural enrichment. Participants can submit learning and outreach opportunities they engaged in on their own (through non-profits, faith based community, community lectures, etc.) for consideration.
Certificate Kick-Off Event
There will be two opportunites to attend the IEC kick off, the first on Thursday, August 27 at 11:30 a.m. and the second on Tuesday, September 10 at 4:00 p.m. in Scott Lab Room E100 located at 201 W 19th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210.
The certificate program will run from August 27, 2019 until March 31, 2020. To obtain the certificate you will need to participate in at least six learning opportunites through this period and record it. Check here for all the College of Engineering Inclusive Excellence learning opportunities.
Certificate Complemention Ceremony
To recognize the work of faculty, staff, and students in completing the Inclusive Excellence Certificate the Inclusive Excellence Council will host a Certification Completion Ceremony on Friday, April 3, 2019, location and time will be announced shortly.