You are here

Giving Back

Established in 1870, the Department of Mathematics and Engineering was one of Ohio State’s original seven departments. In 1882, the School of Engineering was created. Today, the College of Engineering and the Knowlton School of Architecture offer exceptional undergraduate and graduate programs to more than 10,000 students every year. Consistently ranked as one of the top engineering schools in the nation, the college is a primary source of creative education, research, technology, and design and planning, and is a vital technical asset for sustaining and growing the Ohio economy. By continually strengthening its traditional programs while investing in emerging fields, the college is preparing engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, and city and regional planning students to be key contributors and innovative leaders in the workforce of the future.

Opportunities to give back

College of Engineering
Development Team

McNairMatt McNair
Chief Advancement Officer



SchroederDeborah Schroeder
Senior Director of Development
(Contact for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Center for Automotive Research)


GallagherSean Gallagher
Director of Development
(Contact for Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering)


SchmittJessica Schmitt
Director of Development
(Contact for Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)



Laura Baker
Associate Director of Development
(Contact for Materials Science and Engineering)


MillsWilliam Mills
Associate Director of Development 


ThomasAdelyn Thomas
Office Associate