- Office of the Dean
- Economic Development
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, BSAAE
- Agricultural Engineering, BSFABE
- Biomedical Engineering, BSBME
- Chemical Engineering, BSChE
- Civil Engineering, BSCE
- Computer Engineering, BSECE
- Computer Science and Engineering, BSCSE
- Electrical Engineering, BSECE
- Environmental Engineering, BSEnvE
- Food, Biological and Ecological Engineering, BSFABE
- Industrial and Systems Engineering, BSIE
- Materials Science and Engineering, BSMSE
- Mechanical Engineering, BSME
- Welding Engineering, BSWE
- College Awards
Materials Science and Engineering, BSMSE
Program Educational Objectives
The MSE degree program seeks to produce graduates who make meaningful positive contributions to our technological society. Within a few years of graduation, we expect our alumni to have:
- attained or be successfully moving towards attaining post-graduate or professional degrees.
- been appointed to technical, scientific, or business positions in industry, government or academia.
- earned recognition for scientific and technical contributions within their employing organizations.
- become engaged with and contribute to professional societies and organizations.
a. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
b. an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
c. an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
d. an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
e. an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
f. an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
g. an ability to communicate effectively
h. the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
i. a recognition of the needs for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
j. a knowledge of contemporary issues
k. an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Student enrollment and graduation data:
Pre-Major Enrollment (Autumn 2017)
Major Enrollment (Autumn 2017)
Total Enrollment (Autumn 2017)
Materials Science and Eng
For more information, visit the Materials Science and Engineering major page.