Electrical Engineering, BSECE
Program Educational Objectives
Electrical Engineering Program Educational Objectives are:
- Graduates apply electrical engineering principles to solve engineering problems and address evolving technological challenges based on a solid foundation in circuits, systems, electromagnetics, and devices.
- Graduates apply modern electrical engineering techniques, tools, and practices to create and apply technologies to meet the needs of society.
- Graduates engage in life-long learning.
- Graduates are effective engineers in the workplace, attend graduate or professional school, or otherwise use the foundations of their technical education to progress in their career.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.