Biomedical Engineering, BSBME
Program Educational Objectives
The mission of the Biomedical Engineering Department is to promote learning and discovery that integrates engineering and life sciences for the advancement of human health. To help fulfill this mission at the undergraduate level, we have identified the following PEOs:
- Actively engage in biomedical engineering-related careers, advanced studies, and/or other opportunities that enable leadership and continued professional growth.
- Use their technical and analytical skills to identify and address biomedical challenges.
- Make ethically, socially, and environmentally responsible impacts on society by collaborating in diverse teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies