Enrollment for transfer students in the College of Engineering is competitive. For students transferring from another institution of higher education:
- If you have fewer than 30 semester credit hours, you will be considered under the criteria for new students in Engineering as described in the previous sections.
- If you have more than 30 semester credit hours and a GPA at your previous institution of 3.0 or higher, and have completed college level calculus you will be directly enrolled as a pre-major in the program of your choice. You may not enter as an undeclared pre-major.
- If you have more than 30 semester credit hours but do not meet the 3.0 GPA, you will be enrolled in Science and Technology Exploration.
The most current University admission information and criteria for transfer students is available at: undergrad.osu.edu/admissions/transfer.
International transfer students should also visit undergrad.osu.edu/admissions/international.
Internal transition from another Ohio State college or regional campus
Current Ohio State students on the Columbus campus must meet these requirements for admission into the College of Engineering pre-major program:
- 2.0 OSU GPA
- C- or higher in Math 1151
- Credit for one of the following courses: Chemistry 1210 , Chemistry 1250, Physics 1250, Biology 2100
Students enrolled in the College of Engineering who start on the regional campus must meet the campus change requirement before starting on the Columbus campus.
Students who meet the admission criteria and wish to enroll in the College of Engineering should contact an academic advisor in their program of interest.